Our client, a Maltese family-owned winery is looking for a Sales Manager to join their team!
Heads the team of Area Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, Merchandisers and Promoters.
Areas of Main Responsibilities:
- Sales forecasting, developing (online and offline) sales strategy and tactics, establishing sales objectives and goal setting.
- Analyse sales as to achieve and manage growth and market share, whilst taking partial responsibility for profit and loss.
- Territory planning and route maintenance.
- H.R. recruitment and succession planning as well as training and coaching for all SalesForce Personnel.
- Establishes remuneration plans for all sales personnel including salary structures, commission plans, sales bonuses.
- Action appraisals of the Sales Representatives, Area Sales Managers, Merchandisers and Promoters.
- Devise and sanction quarterly Sales Managers’ and Sales Representatives’ Incentive Schemes.
- Devise and sanction weekly and monthly Sales Representatives’ Incentive Schemes.
- Action offers and promotions to managing sales volumes and the product mix as well as selling prices.
- Prepare plans for pricing, promotion and product placement.
- Developing and maintaining a strong pipeline of new customers.
- Supervise and assists in the control of frees, discounts, grants, contributions, returns and damaged goods.
- Assist in preparing an annual promotional calendar to facilitate strategic selling.
- Assist in new product development and marketing activities when solicited.
- Assist in public and press relations; develop and maintain a strong work relationship with key opinion leaders and contacts with other relevant stakeholders.
- Streamline and ensure effective communications with customers.
- Share the responsibility of resolving customer complaints.
- Represent the company as its wine ambassador in trade events, functions and occasionally take part in trade shows abroad.