Our client, a provider of corporate services to a mainly international clientele is seeking for a dedicated and competent candidate with a passion for book-keeping and administration to join their accounting team as a Finance & Administration Officer with a decent accounting background and experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines.
Working on flexible hours or part-time basis could also be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collate, prepare, classify, input, search for and output sales and purchase invoices;
- Liaising with customers and suppliers;
- Credit control and customer reconciliations;
- Assistance with VAT reporting and compliance;
- Data input, reconciling intercompany balances and transactions;
- General book-keeping entries;
- Providing any other accounting and clerical assistance (such as filing) to the accounting department as necessary
- Assistance during internal and external audits; and
- Ad-hoc assignments as may be reasonably required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum ‘A’ level standard of education in accounting coupled with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of all desktop applications, particularly Excel;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment;
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Preference is given to candidates with experience and knowledge of VAT legislation application.