Our client, a Maltese family-owned winery is looking to add to their growing team a Chief Accountant.
The Chief Accountant shall ensure that the Group maintains proper and accurate books of account in line with international financial reporting standards or any other applicable regulatory framework applicable to the company, including but not limited to:
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts on a frequency as agreed with the directors from time to time;
- Manage the department personnel in so far of discipline, adherence to company regulations, efficiency and a proper work ethic;
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that the company meets the filing deadlines of all applicable legislation including the Value Added Tax Act, The Income Tax Act. The Income Tax Management Act and the Companies Act;
- To act as the principal liaison with the Company’s Auditors
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Ensure that all software related to the accounting department is properly used, maintained and backed up.